Imagine this scenario:
You’re part of a small but mighty marketing team. One day, your primary blog writer leaves your company. You tell yourself, “it’s fine; we’ll find time to pick up the slack and write a few blog posts.”
But before you know it, a few months have passed and you haven’t written a single post — and that’s the least of your troubles. Your traffic is nosediving.
Egle Šegždaite of Dynway doesn’t have to use her imagination here, because she saw it happen.
And she knew she needed to act fast to right the ship.
The Challenge: Boost Website Traffic
Dynaway is a scrappy, South Carolina-based company that creates enterprise asset management solutions using Microsoft Dynamics. They pride themselves on readymade tools for Microsoft ERP users that add immediate value to their customers’ workflows.
But before Dynaway can help anyone, they need to attract leads.
“We knew the potential of organic searches to convert leads, but we lost our writer and realized our site traffic was dropping significantly,” Egle explained.
At the end of 2020, the company began its engagement with Brafton.
- Core Web Vitals audit.
- Search Performance Briefs.
- Landing pages.
- Blog posts.
- Custom imagery.
- LinkedIn ad management.
- Animated videos.
“I found Brafton through a Google search and trusted them,” Egle said. “I knew if they could get themselves ranked high on Google, they could do the same for us.”
Our first priority was to resurrect their SEO writing initiative. Phase one was to select strategic target keywords. We chose those keywords on the basis of:
- Intent: Is a user looking for information when they search for this keyword (informational intent), a specific page on the web (navigational intent) or are they shopping (commercial intent)? For blog content, we look for keywords that demonstrate informational intent.
- Search volume: How many people are searching for this keyword each month? In niche markets, you don’t necessarily need to have a super high search volume. It just needs to be high enough that it is worth targeting.
- Difficulty: How hard is it to get on or near Page 1 for this keyword? We evaluate a website’s Domain Authority relative to the Domain Authorities of the sites that are already on Page 1. This helps us understand where a client can expect to rank for a certain keyword.
Once we selected keywords we wanted to rank for, we created Search Performance Briefs for each keyword. Each SPB provides a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the top-20 listings in a particular keyword search-engine results page (SERP). This helps us understand exactly what topics we need to cover in a blog post, and how comprehensively we need to cover them.
Our SEO content writers applied this strategy to commercial landing pages and blog posts. Some of the content was written from scratch to target a keyword. But in some cases, we re-optimized existing pages to improve their ranking for certain keywords.
We also conducted a Core Web Vitals audit to ensure Dynaway’s site was optimized for technical SEO performance.
Our work wasn’t strictly limited to search, though. We began creating infographics, eBooks and animated videos. At the same time, we launched a LinkedIn ad campaign to help fuel brand awareness.
- 121% increase in total year-over-year site traffic (2021 to 2022).
- 44% increase in referring domains.
Dynaway has seen a 121% lift in traffic from organic search over the past year. This is a complete turnaround from where they were when they first approached us in 2020:
If we zoom in on 2021 and 2022, we can see the steady traffic increase achieved through organic search.
Tellingly, more than 90% of the company’s website traffic arrives through the blog. So when we managed to improve organic traffic to the blog, the rest of the website followed suit.
The number of referring domains also rose with the tide, increasing by 44% from 2021 to 2022:
Overall, Egle has been happy with results, but also that we’ve managed to nail the subject matter and accurately represent the Dynaway brand.
“Even though Brafton has never worked with asset management companies, they’ve been able to create professional content that utilizes our keywords,” Egle said. “Working with Brafton has really expanded our marketing abilities.”
As of this writing (August 2022), we’re gearing up for more SEO and content creation campaigns.
Simply put, the best is yet to come.